Friday 8 February 2019

Job application - Sweaty Betty

Graphic Designer - London


What has inspired you to apply for this role at Sweaty Betty?
I would consider myself to have a healthy and creative lifestyle. Although I see Graphic Design to be  a hobby and complete passion, I do need time away from work and I find that exercise has helped me to obtain the ideal health and work balance to ensure that I stay motivated and fresh. I have always found it exciting that the two can be combined and Sweaty Betty being a design-driven activewear brand with a mission to empower women through fitness is something that as a designer I would like to be a part of and help to promote.


What are you looking for from us?
A large amount of my creativity is found when travelling and experiencing new things, something that Sweaty Betty promote to be Tamara’s inspiration for each new collection. I think that a very current trend is the ability to stylise activewear so that the transition from office to gym is much more acceptable and ultimately stylish. The personal input and attention to detail is a quality that I would like to think that I have for my own practice and to see that Sweaty Betty’s all-female team got to the extremes of in-house testing of each item of clothing, I was really drawn to this ethos.  


What has been your proudest achievement?
One of my proudest achievements was having the confidence to enter an art competition that was very much out of my comfort zone and go on to win it. The competition was to design two office murals for Fortem Global Leeds which represented the desire of the staff at Fortem Global wanting to help people along life’s journey to success, whilst incorporating the Leeds urban skyline to highlight the roots of the city that the company call home. The open windows design highlighted the many perspectives across the world held by diverse clients in different time zones, as well as the opportunities at Fortem Global. The colour scheme was chosen to be positive and motivational whilst representing high quality.


This was a proud achievement because it was the first public piece of work I had produced and I feel as though my confidence working for clients has grown.


http://fortemglobal.com/news/

http://www.leeds-art.ac.uk/news-events/news/student-artwork-brings-new-office-to-life/

No comments:

Post a Comment