Friday 8 February 2019

Job application - Viction:ary

I have expressed a general interest in any of the design internships that the company are offering as Hong Kong is a country I would like to explore and happily move to once I graduate.


Hello,


I am writing to express my interest in the design internships that have been advertised. I’d like to think that I have an “eye for detail, a love of learning, and a head full of ideas”. I am currently in my 3rd year on the Graphic Design course at Leeds Arts University and as a natural progression I am looking to take my creativity to a new and exciting location.


I was first drawn to Viction:ary when I discovered the CitiX60 guides as they successfully moved away from the fairly mundane itineraries of a city break and offered more creative, but personal ideas of things to see. The diversity of publications would keep the design job really interesting and engaging and I think that I could bring the skill of adaptability to new projects due to the demanding nature of my current Graphic Design BA Hons course which requires a number of projects to overlap in order to be completed in time.


The reason I have looked at branching out of the UK specifically in editorial design is because of the ability to visually communicate in a very culturally specific manner. This is something I would say in a recent project working with an environmental photographer I was able to invest a lot of time researching into. I found that the design style was heavily driven by the content and exact aims of the photographer herself, allowing for the final outcome to win an AON award and be exhibited in the Leadenhall Building in London for a year. After this, I have found myself investing a lot more time into editorial design and it is a part of my practice that I would like develop to a professional level.


I have attached my CV and Portfolio, so feel free to ask any questions that you may have.


Many thanks and hope to hear back from you,


Hannah Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment