Sunday 13 May 2018

Creative report: Creative blogging research

I currently use Adobe Portfolio as the platform to display my work online for a large number of people to have access to. I have found this software a good way to personalise how I want it all to appear, but it can be a little more restircting when it comes to adding a blogging section to it for example. I was expecting it to have a feature that would automatically allow me to blog from the portfolio and all of the posts would appear without it redirecting to an external link. As it did not have this feature, I researched using some different forums to see which would be the most suitable platform to use. I started to research into Medium and Wordpress as these seemed to be the most popular. 

Research into the best platforms to start blogging on

Medium vs. Wordpress

















Medium 

  • its about social connections and people
  • can clap, sare and highlight articles which then appear on your own profile
  • clean design style and UX
  • fast and efficient as it is solely focused on publishing
  • restrictive in terms of designs as it sticks with the appearance of Medium and you can only personalise very small parts of it all

Wordpress

  • can design blog a lot more freely
  • not very sociable because it can do so much more than blogging
  • can host a shop 
With this in mind I decided to set up a Medium account as this best linked straight from my portfolio. I will ned to update my online presence in terms of personal branding and then also my social media so that when asking the questions I can then put all of the advice into action. 


The creatives that I am looking to interview:

Natasha Nuttall (Graphique Fantastique)
Lauren Goodland (Dorkfeatures) 
Lauren Gemma May (Oh Hay)
Natalie (Work Over Easy) 


No comments:

Post a Comment