Sunday 13 May 2018

Personal branding UPDATE

My original branding that I have been using for a long time was the pale blue circle with my initials and then designs underneath. This worked well as it was fairly neutral and did not suggest too much that I had a set style of graphic design, something that I wanted to ensure didn't happen. Upon reflection and with the aim to contact designers about blogging, it became apparent that my online presence and identity needed to be more finalised and consistent. I started by placing all of my projects onto a grid reflecting the layout of instagram to see if it would look consistent when posted but as it all varied I thought that I could use the colours from the branding to feed through into my instagram feed. I picked out a varied colour palette taken from a lot of the outcomes that I have made, but also to reflect vibrancy, a personality trait that many describe me to have. The best way to show this would be through the use of the circles and the changing of colour, this takes away the restriction of me only being identified to the pale blue. 

I decided that the best way to improve my social media presence would be to carry on this consistency on my instagram. I changed all of my names on social media, email and the portfolio so that there was consistency across all of the platforms.

@hjr.designs
hjr.designs.myportfolio.com
hjr.designs25@gmail.com

The image below shows how the colours have been screened over each of the projects or one of the most identifiable features of each of the projects and then the following images on each of the posts will have 1/2 process pictures and then the final pieces. This has been something that I have gradually updated and soon I will be up to date with all of my projects so far. It has been a good process to allow me to see all of the projects that I have worked on over the years in and out of uni. 


I have also set up a blogging account on Medium so that once I have received all of my feedback from the creatives that I have messaged I can start to blog in the most effective way and it will be at a time that I will have the time to invest in it because university projects will have finished. I will link the blog to my portfolio so everyone that visits my portfolio will be able to easily find the blog which will hopefully give them a better insight into me as a designer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment