Thursday 30 March 2017

End of module evaluation

Throughout the module this year I have learnt that involvement in the creative scene is important, it allows for inspiration to be found, conversations with other creative people and personal confidence to grow. I have enjoyed attending lots of art event, workshops, talks and visiting galleries over the year as it is something that I did not do a lot of in the past. 

Feedback on the self-branding and design strategies presentation was focused on concept development and confidence. This is something I have struggled with during Level 4 Graphic Design, coming up with the idea and then figuring out the best way in which to present it as a final piece. A visit to 'Two Points' studio in Barcelona highlighted the importance of mock-up and how the final presentation is equally important as the final idea. 

Personal, professional practice has taught me ways in which to deal with the stress of large workloads, by looking at ways in which I can use my time to destress and figure out when I am most creative and productive. Time management is the main way to keep stress under control, working on this has really helped my quality of work and levels of productivity. 

I have also learnt from this module that it is about getting your name out there, your work out there and being spoke about (positively) if you want to become recognised. I have had the chance to set up a design instagram account in which I can publish my inspirations, my process and my own work. This has been a positive experience for me as I receive messages from others to say what they like and also to help with decision making if I post any questions. It has been a good way to gain confidence on publishing my work and also for me to personally begin to see my own design style develop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment