Thursday 16 March 2017

Studio Brief 1: Poster ideas and development

I did some online research for inspiration on layouts that I could apply to my idea. I wanted to include the Macbook into my design as it was something that I would consider to be vital to my Graphic Design degree, it is something I use everyday without fail. Figure 1 shows a selection of posters that I had gathered so that I could begin to see the most successful layouts, colours and patterns that have been used. I started with some sketches  (fig. 2 and fig. 3) to see which ideas I could develop on the computer. I decided to go with the idea of the split up Macbook keyboard as it was a visual reminder that it is a piece of equipment that I could not live without. 
fig.1 

fig. 2
fig. 3

The developments stages taken to get to the final poster are below. The sections on the image had to be chosen and then individually divided up so that it would be on the page without there being any distortion. The font on the apple keyboard was hand lettered specifically for the product, so it cannot be replicated exactly. The closest typeface that I could find to match the handwriting was 'Andale Mono, this was found by reading online forums and I then just tried out the suggestions and made my own decision. 
The shapes in the background of the poster represent my geometric approach to design and preference to not following a grid layout for every piece of work. 
I decided on the colour palette based on my individual preference to colour in design, keeping it very pastel based as I have recently become very interested in the 'Vaporwave' style. 











No comments:

Post a Comment