Tuesday 21 March 2017

Studio brief 1: Final poster



















The final poster design clearly portrays the colours schemes in which I mostly work in. This was achieved by taking previous work and taking swatches from them. This allowed me to see clearly which kind of colour palette I would usually opt for. The most common colours to appear were pastels, so I made up a suitable collection of colours for this poster. The image is the main focus and then the writing down the side can then be read very easily when printed in A3. 

The writing says:
2 things that I have learnt are that researching leads to the best concepts and final outcomes, and that breaking the rules of graphic design can only happen once the boring theory has been completed and understood.
I have been really engaged with the interim crits as group idea generation makes me feel most inspired and confident. I have also enjoyed the visiting professionals as they remind me why I chose to do this degree and they spark new ambitions and goals for the future. 
An aim for level 5 is to step away from the internet and visit more galleries and exhibitions so that primary research becomes the main source of inspiration for each project. Another aim for level 5 is to try and get some work experience in different styles of design offices so that I know what style of portfolio I want to build up.
I have not enjoyed the enormous amounts of coffees I have had to drink in order to have enough hours in the day to complete work and still be left feeling human. I can also say that blogging is much more fun when it is about your inspirations, gallery visits or opinions; not a continuous diary of every step in a project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment