Tuesday 28 March 2017

Studio Brief 2: Production


Self branding is important to a me as a designer because it will allow me to get myself known and spoke about. I need to have a number of physical item that I can give to people and spread around so that people can easily contact me and remember what I stand for as a creative. The aim is to get myself and my work shared and to be spoken about, with the right people. 
Application 1
Research into self branding made it clear that the stationary is something that can be helpful to have designed in the appropriate style. It is likely that as a designer I will be needing to write to people or distributing work in envelops. The business card is a vital piece of self branding material as it allows for my details to be distributed quickly and easily to a large amount of people. I also thought it would be nice to design a coffee cup that I could have if I went to event etc. I am known as a coffee drinker, always having one in my hand or finding nice coffee shops, so having my personalised cup is something that I think would work well. 

Application 2
I personally like getting tote bags at different events that i go to as it is something that i will actually use. This is a good way for me as a designer to use my logo as the design on the bag, allowing for it to become recognisable as a design and then hopefully as my personal identity. 
The images below show the production process that I undertook to attempt to make the prototype. I used heat transfer paper to print the design onto and then iron onto the tote bag. I am not happy with the outcome as the colours did not transfer to be as vibrant as they should be. To improve next time I would use a heat press as I think it was the temperature of the iron and the amount of pressure that I was able to apply to the design that caused it to not transfer very accurately. 
I have created a mock-up on Adobe Photoshop as a visual for how it should look if printed professionally. 





Application 3
A small poster that I can display with my name, pay-off and description on is something I also considered to be important. It very quickly gives others a brief description of me as a creative and they can begin to understand what I could offer to them and what style I tend to work in. 






No comments:

Post a Comment