Monday 6 May 2019

Personal Branding - Manifesto


As a Graphic Designer I am drawn towards briefs that are of a branding focus which allow for the development of the full visual identity leading on from that. I design with a modern approach, using predominately sans serif typefaces and bold colour palettes.

In the future I see myself in a branding focused Graphic Design studio, working as part of a team of creatives. With this in mind, the briefs I will complete in Extended Practice will have a branding focus but with the ability to explore other parts of Design that interest me such as editorial design, type manipulation and video creation.  

Collaboration is a valuable part of my practice as it allows for a much larger body of work to be developed in a shorter amount of time, similar to that in industry. The decision to part take in a number of collaborative briefs will be a conscious decision in order to mirror the environment of a Graphic Design studio, in which I aim to be a part of in the future. The role of a Graphic Designer in a professional studio environment is very collaborative focused as there is often a team of designers working on different elements for the same project. I aim to use each brief as an experimentation of other areas of design in order to develop a portfolio of work that could show my capability of working in a multi-disciplinary studio, something I am really enthusiastic about being a part of.

Research is a large part of my design process and each design decision that I make will have a considered reasoning ensuring that the needs of the client are met and an individual brand identity is delivered. I intend to research in a way this year that each of my design projects have a considered and developed conceptual driving point. Psychological references in terms of thinking further into what a piece of design is actually communicating to the target audience is something I am interested in and could draw upon some of the knowledge that I developed during A Level Psychology.

I plan to introduce more manipulation of typography in order to enhance the messages within the design work that I am putting out there, as this is something that I want to continue to improve on through the personal projects that I have planned for after University too.


No comments:

Post a Comment