Monday 6 May 2019

Self Branding - Website update

6C2


I spoke to Charlie Sheppard from Anyways Studio about my current website which was before I had re-branded myself just to get some initial reactions and advice on how to improve. The biggest piece of advice that he gave me was to reduce the amount of projects that I showed, showing only those that I wish to have aspart of my future career so that I attract the correct clients.  

The images below show the website and where it was at - showing good use of personal branding but it jsut lacked consistency to some degree. 




Based on my manifesto I have established that I do have a modern approach to design and tend to use a similar style of colour palettes. I wanted this to be evident on my website so I carefully chose the projects that I wanted to showcase and represent me as a designer. 

The image below shows the selection of projects that were chosen and the background is a lowered opacity of my personal branding imagery that I use on things such as business cards, portfolio front covers etc.  


Final website

Contact page
- simple
- easy to use
- mailto: link set up 
- link to Instagram account 
- mobile number in format for any country to be able to ring
- strong sense of personal branding 


Portfolio 
- consistent colour palette across projects
- selected amount of projects 
- all laid out in the same format
- in line with personal branding



Sketchbook
- allows for a little bit personality
- random photography
- less considered but stuff that I am working on 
- can be changed around a lot and easily 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment